Monday, May 9, 2011

Ellie Goulding's SNL gig


It's funny. The other day my itunes was on random and Ellie Goulding's "if I stayed" popped up and I began thinking "I guess her US launch is dead on arrival." Much to my surprise a few days later she shows up on Saturday Night Live!

Ellie looked amazing and I was only too happy that the response to her was quite positive! I was surprised that Ellie chose the slightly remixed version of the song "lights" to perform versus some of her stronger singles ("starry-eyed", "guns and horses") but Ellie wowed nonetheless. She followed up her performance with her hit cover of Elton John's "your song." Both performances were strong but "lights" was the best and after months the subtle remix is finally growing on me.

Ellie's name was the #1 trending topic on yahoo this morning so I hope that means good things for her stateside. If you missed it the first time watch her performances below.



No comments:

Post a Comment